UMass is the Massachusetts public university system founded in 1863. It enrolls approximately 71,000 students across four universities, a medical school, and a satellite campus.
UMass Online – the online campus for the Massachusetts university system – offers a wide range of Umass online degree programs such as bachelor completion, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs. University of Massachusetts online degree programs include 30 bachelor and bachelor’s degree options in a variety of topics, including criminal justice, applied psychology, nursing, and much more.
The online college consortium also offers about 40 graduate degree programs in topics that range from security to gerontology to vision studies. They also offer doctoral degrees nursing practice as well as a host of certificate programs. UMass online courses meet the stringent academic requirement like standard on-campus courses.
University of Massachusetts Online Degree Programs – At a Glance
- Type: Public University System
- Accreditation: Regional (NEASC)
- Region: New England
- Graduation Rate: 65.1%
- Tuition Rate (Cost Per Credit): $525 and $570 for both in-state and out-of-state Undergraduates and
- Graduates respectively.
- Application: UMass Online applicants must meet stringent UMass general admission requirements as well as those specified by the course. Applicants must sit SAT or ACT exams before being admitted. With an acceptance rate of 58%, it’s a little tricky to get enrolled into UMass Online.
As an online branch of UMass system, UMassOnline enjoys similar accreditation help by the constituent campuses. In addition to regional accreditation by NEASC, UMass is also recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. With such high regard, online students can expect a top-tier education.
2. Get Credit for Life Experience
That’s right; UMassOnline offers up to 30 credits for life experience. That can do wonders for your education ambition.
3. Incredible Job Placement
Some UMass campuses like Dartmouth report that their students (including online students) achieve up to 71% job placement within six months of graduation. Amazing, right? Perhaps UMass solid reputation has something to do with it.
4. Pocket-Friendly Graduate-level Degree
Of course, the cost per credit vary greatly depending on the student’s level of education and the online graduate program chosen. Often, the price of tuition and fees for undergraduate degrees range from $125 to $1980, while graduate-level courses start from $1230. As you might expect, these tuition rates are quite affordable compared with other similar online colleges and universities.
1. UMassOnline website is difficult to navigate. It could use a little work.
Verdict: University of Massachusetts online degree programs offer the same professors, attend the same graduation, and receive the same degree as on-campus students. And with tuition reasonably priced, UMassOnline is a prime online college choice.